Friday, May 18, 2012

School Bus Tro-Tro


This trip started off waiting for a taxi at the end of my road. As we were waiting one came by with a monkey riding in the passenger seat – what?! While I was astonished, mom thought nothing of it, as she said, “I didn’t know, it could’ve been normal.”

Monkey in the passenger seat,
Air-conditioned trotro,
“Dreams Can Come True” playing on the radio.
Rushing waterfall,
Groundnut soup,
Taking us to another world,
Far away,
Far removed,
Peaceful.
Until…
The school bus trotro,
Thought trotros were invincible,
Turns out, accidents can happen anywhere,
Simply bystanders to the yelling match,
“Don’t worry they don’t have guns,”
I told her.
Not understanding the language,
Some things remain unknown,
Fall asleep, wake up,
This is it – the riding of the trotro.
Made it back,
All in all,
Oh.
And my attitude,
Asking for passports,
Should have just apologized,
Oh well,
That is life,
Bumps and all.

1 comment: