Thursday, March 15, 2012

When You Get Tired of Walking, Run

Literally. This is a phrase my dad passed along to me as I was growing up but today I put it to the test.

The power is out everywhere well, almost everywhere. The A and C mall of course has power because they use generators, but from Madina to campus to East Legon there are no lights. It doesn’t surprise me anymore. And it only frustrates me occasionally.

Today I was hoping to get a lot of things done but unfortunately the combination of heat and lack of electricity limited me. And as the day wore on I became more tired. I went to print at the only place where I knew there would be electricity, at the A and C mall, and the documents would not open. I hurried home hoping I could use the Internet, re-save the documents and go back. Unfortunately, I forgot to re-save the documents in my haste to get back. This was when I decided I was tired of walking and would rather run. So I laced up my shoes and hit the road, only to discover that the documents were not on the flash drive and return home.

Worth getting upset over? I think not. Maybe the preschoolers will do the coloring pages I was hoping to print another week, another time. For tomorrow, we have crayons to color with and that’s that.

No comments:

Post a Comment