Thursday, March 22, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies

A wonderful surprise in the mail, a wonderful package full of treats for me and for the nursery children met me at the post office yesterday morning. As I opened it I had to contain my excitement so that I could negotiate the price I would pay to keep it. Yes, you have to bargain at the post office to get your package.

By far the most inspiring part of it all was a poem about gratitude which will be on my bedside from now until I return home, reminding me of all that I have to be thankful for.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life,
It turns what we have into enough and more,
It turns denial into acceptance,
Chaos into order,
Confusion into clarity.
It can turn a meal into a fest,
A house into a home,
A stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past,
Brings peace for today,
And creates a vision for tomorrow.

1 comment: