Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mental Health Check

Constantly moving,

Never stopping to re-evaluate,

To put into perspective what is happening,

Receiving it only as it comes,

Everyday,

A million moments.

Flashing red light,

That’s what’s missing here,

No stop sign,

Not here,

It’s dangerous.

Constantly scheduling,

Testing,

Doing work,

Being a college student,

That’s back home,

Not here.

Yet still I move,

Schedule,

And forget,

Taking time to process,

To learn,

To be by myself,

With my own thoughts,

Can be different here,

Can become a new part of my life.

A mental check,

A break in one hour,

For one day,

For a few moments,

To feel the present,

To understand where I am

And why.

Forgetting to break,

That’s reckless,

Tiring,

And you end up sitting,

Nodding your head,

And having no idea what is being said.

Maybe next time,

You’ll listen,

You’ll be able to,

Cause for a few minutes you let yourself be.

No comments:

Post a Comment