Thursday, March 8, 2012

Turning a Day Around

Although the past few days have been difficult there has never been a doubt in mind that I am in the right place, right here.

Today as I was walking home I decided to stop at the American store but couldn't decide whether to get a FanIce or a FanChoco, a very difficult decision. I bought both. I knew I would see my friend Sedik along the walk and I decided I would let him choose which one he wanted and I would take the other. He's always happy to see me and there is never a moment when he doesn't wish me well and send me on my way. Sedik is my credit man, the person I go to to get phone credit, but he has also become a friend. The other day he introduced me to his baby who is visiting for the week. This is because the mom and baby have been living with her parents in the village so that they can help her.

Then coming into this coffee restaurant today, called Luscious, I have made friends with James, who knows one of the host families, and the other servers here. They are always so happy to see me and I can't stop smiling when they hold my hand and keep talking (by the way this is a very common thing in Ghana, to hold someone's hand after a handshake while you are talking with them).

And then going home to Grandma's home-cooked meals is always wonderful. I have thoroughly enjoyed every meal she has prepared for me and I am beginning to learn to cook some of the dishes. On that note I'd like to ask all of you who are reading to please keep Grandma in your thoughts and prayers as she is undergoing tests at the hospital for some leg problems. She is truly a wonderful woman with a big heart, who prays every day for me.

"None a wi nuh know weh tomorrow may bring cah Di future deh hours away
So mi a live my life today, mi a live my life Today yeah
So low mi mek mi talk weh mi waan fi talk mi Have nuff mi say
So mi a go live my life today, mi a go live my life today
So everybody help mi sing it out"

- Demarco, I Love My Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7J6aEWlPM

No comments:

Post a Comment